5.19.2012

BLOOM

Dress-Urban Outfitters
Plate necklace-Wasteland
Sunnies-Anglo American Optical Co.


SO much has happened in the past month you wouldn't believe. I just finished finals yesterday so it's summer now wooo, prom was a couple weeks ago, my birthday was on the 2nd, I've had the most essays due in the shortest amount of time ever, I applied for and got two internships, among college touring and subject tests and the SAT and so much more but I don't even care because it's summer. Have I mentioned that it's summer? Finally? I just feel so overwhelmed by everything and the adventure that is senior year that has yet to come.

In other news I got this dress from Urban yesterday at their 50% off sale and I LOVE it. It's the comfiest thing in the entire world but since I'm 5 foot 2 I have to wear the largest heels I own. And even then it still brushes the ground.

I  know this is kind of late but I haven't been blogging lately so I'll say it now: I loved Chanel's cruise 2013 line. If you haven't already noticed I am infatuated with all things pastel, so naturally I thought it was amazing. By the way I have an entire inspiration folder on my desktop full of pastel things so I'm sure that will become an actual post in the near future.






Sorry this post's content is so scattered but here's a mediocre picture from my prom. I wore a Topshop dress I got in Chicago over spring break and Jeffrey Campbell night walks. I tried doing the Valentino spring 2012 hair but failed miserably so I got it done and was rather pleased.

I swear this is the last thing...I'm making a documentary this summer on the importance of art in schools. Because of the recession schools all across America are completely cutting art programs from their curriculums. Art is a vital part of life as it teaches empathy and a sense of perspective and growing up without that could deter the society we live in. This is such an important topic for me that I really hope others feel the same way. I'm sure all of you do, since fashion is clearly an art form in your life, so I'm asking if any of you would write a testimony as to what art means to you or how it has effected your life or even how you define art that would be perfect. If I get enough of these I might even compose a book with screen shots from the movie and the testimonies I receive.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment